The angioclinic® Microfoam
Foam sclerotherapy is used to shut down diseased veins using a particularly well-tolerated pharmacological substance or, alternatively, biosubstances. While earlier sclerotherapy with liquid active substances was not controllable (it is not possible to see where which concentration reached) and often had to be repeated, the foam can be controlled much more precisely: firstly, its distribution can be followed precisely in the ultrasound image. Secondly, it adheres to the vein wall for a few minutes before dissolving and being excreted. This contact time means that a high effect is achieved even with very low concentrations.
Micro foams are sclerosing foams with particularly fine bubbles (smaller than 100 microns). Their effect is particularly good. Many doctors do not know what can be optimally treated with them! If a doctor in Switzerland tells you that your vein findings need to be operated on, this is absolutely wrong. Dr Ragg was able to achieve the goal of completely surgery-free vein therapy as early as 2005.
At the Vein Center Zurich we offer you very special microfoam treatments: Based on Dr Ragg's scientific work, the microfoams are physically varied according to the venous situation, e.g. their stiffness, viscosity and weight. This gives you unique quality. They are so precisely inserted under high-resolution ultrasound that we speak of "selective microfoam therapy". This means that the foam works exactly as intended. This makes special applications possible:
- Varicose veins after previous vein operations (even the most severe findings)
- Varicose veins of particular size or length
- Varicose veins with particularly disturbing cosmetic significance
- Reticular varicose veins
- Varicose veins in the genital area in women (e.g. vulvavaricosis) and men (varicocele)
- Varicose veins deep in the leg or abdomen (e.g. after thrombosis)
- Varicose veins on the face, chest and arms
- Venous vascular malformations in all parts of the body
- Haemorrhoids grade 1 - 3
In addition, there are special angioclinic® processes with a particularly fast optical effect.